Happy Thanksgiving! Updated info coming soon!
Update: October 31, 2021
Community Wardrobe is a joint effort of the Horsemen PTA and the Village of Sleepy Hollow that finds new homes for good clothes…free to locals who need them.
Interested neighbors may come to shop for clothing and shoes by appointment only. Upcoming shopping days are Nov. 17-19, 2021.
*Bilingual volunteers are needed Nov. 17-19* to assist clients. Students can receive community service hours. Sign up here to volunteer on those days or to see other days on which we need help.
If your family is experiencing an emergency, we can clothe you within 48 hours. Call 914-438-7987. Si su familia está experimentando una emergencia, podemos vestirse dentro de las 48 horas. Llame al 914-438-7987.
Our September 2021 “shopping” days were a huge success! We served 85 families in three days, outfitting them with all their fall needs. We are so grateful to our donors and our volunteers.
Receive updates by e-mailing CommunityWardrobe@horsemenpta.com
Items We Accept Any Time:
(Email email@example.com to arrange drop-off.)
- Maternity clothes
- Size XS women’s clothes
- Children’s shoes
- new underwear in packaging (check out our Amazon wishlist: shorturl.at/zFNU3 )
- new socks in packaging (check out our Amazon wishlist: shorturl.at/zFNU3 )
- Fresh Direct-sized re-usuable bags
- Rubbermaid bins (preferably clear/see-through)
- Toddler/Kid-sized hangers, with and without clips
Items We’re Accepting for the Winter 2021 Cycle
We ARE NOW accepting clothing for our winter shopping days. You may drop off coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, footwear and other cold-weather items at 105 Wildey Street, Tarrytown at these times only:
Thursday, Oct. 21, 3-5 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 27, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 3, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 4, 3-5 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 9, 3-5 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 10, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Even if the building is open at other times, you may be turned away if you come outside the hours listed above. Thank you for your cooperation.
We Do Not Accept:
- at the moment, we are not accepting any more suits or dressy pants for either gender
- used socks
- used underwear, except for bras (we accept bras and lingerie in appealing condition)
- regular size hangers
- XL men’s or women’s clothing (XL youth is fine)
- any torn, stained or dirty item
We are still looking for a permanent home in Sleepy Hollow or Tarrytown. Contact us at CommunityWardrobe@horsemenpta.com with any suggestions.