WI families: We are pleased to announce a new PTA contest!
What if Trick-Or-Treating could be saved this year?
Washington Irving students are invited to write a persuasive essay explaining creative ways that trick or treating could be done safely with health precautions. Students can also choose to write a persuasive essay offering alternative ways to celebrate Halloween safely.
- Entries must be 200-word persuasive essays.
- Entries are due by October 17 at 8 p.m. Submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries will be judged by their creativity, composition and originality. Judged by PTA.
- Essays are not a part of classwork. Students can choose to write in their spare time.
- Three winners will be chosen:
- 1st prize – LICKS gift certificate $20
- 2nd prize – Halloween craft supplies
- 3rd prize – Two bags of Halloween candy
Please note: The villages have not made decisions yet regarding trick-or-treating. Winning essays will not be a deciding factor on village rules. We understand that this contest cannot influence each family’s decision for Halloween.
SPONSORED BY THE HEADS UP RIVERTOWNS HORSEMEN PTA COMMITTEE