HorsemanPTA Meeting Minutes – October

10/23/17

Attendees

Amada Reimundez – President
Dancy Balestrieri – VP WI 3rd grade
Christina Grillo – VP Morse 2nd grade
Juliana Aloia – VP Morse 1st grade
Karen Kuhn – Secretary
Lauren McBride – VP Morse 1st grade
Phyllis Arduino – Membership
Fatima Gianni – Treasurer
Daphne Ulliver – VP WI 4th grade/SHMS 7th grade
Nitassha Kumar – VP Morse 1st grade/SHMS 6th grade
Toya (parent)
Sheila Murphy – VP Morse 2nd grade

Meeting Schedule

Discussion about alternating between morning and evening meetings to allow those who work to join some meetings and to help with family engagement.

Proposed dates/times for remainder of 2017 are:

11/20 – 7:00 PM
12/15 – 8:30 AM

Budget Discussion

The fastest way to reach Fatima is via text.
Reviewed 2016-17 budget and actuals from the end of the summer to determine needs for 2017-18 year.
(NOTE: Budget was approved but then final budget numbers were reviewed in a meeting after this one and will be provided separately.)

Notes and action items:

*VPs need to ask their principals how they want the library fund to be allocated (per class, school library). Fill out the form to request the money needed in the allocation needed.

*VPs need to send a form for what’s approved for the Principal’s Fund and Fatima will write checks.

*Fatima needs receipt even if something is donated to know how much things cost.
*Need to get word out to parents about A+ with Stop n’ Shop to fund PTA. Schools must register every year.

*Mini grants need information and allocation to all the schools.

Morse
Publishing Center no longer needs funding as done in-class.
Morse should use Box Top money to buy pizza party pizza.

WI
Math madness no longer running
Looking for someone (contractor) to take over the plantings in front *Need info from Leah McVey
Principal’s Fund is $750 *Asking Principal Bretti what it was used for last year. Do they need $750?
*Circus funding is different this year and needs to be reviewed.

Middle School
Separate account so it has income listed
*Need to review money for staff luncheon. Leaving $250 to be safe.
Holding money for IRS due to taxes not being paid in the past.

Library Fund/Book fairs:

– Idea of person in charge of books for the school could come select books from book fair instead of getting the $100 per grade checks. (Check with principals)
– $50 line item for people missing money (sales tax) allocated in budget. $200 for the drawer.
– Scholastic Bucks available

Chess Club WI and Morse:
– Instructor will send information on how much the program costs. Apparently we are underpaying and we should be charging more per child. *Amada will give an invoice to Fatima
– Also have scholarships and donations for the program

Superintendent’s Meeting Agenda Items

Communication and having advocates from the PTA in the community
Borsari needs points of contact in the community to help bring him information and to direct people to facts and to communicate with the schools

*Facebook page for HorsemanPTA send to Lauren

Science Night

November 8 at the high school
PTA provides some financial support

Meeting adjourned early due to closure of building.